Tuesday, June 2, 2015

300602 - Topic: Canada and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police




Of all the 103 broadcasts of Empire Builders (104, if you include the dedication and opening of the Cascade Tunnel on January 12, 1929), this has to be the one episode that I know virtually nothing about. I do not have a confirmed title for the broadcast, nor do I have a copy of the continuity or even a press release. As far as I know, the newspapers of the day did not even run a synopsis of the program the day of the broadcast, as they sometimes did.

 
Painting by John Innes (1863-1941), painted circa 1930
All I really have, and it sure ain’t much, is a brief synopsis put out by the GN in their June edition of the Goat magazine, as well as a mention in the small Empire Builders flyer they distributed for that timeframe. Even then, they couldn’t even get the name of the Canadian police force right. In any event, here you have it:

One of the almost legendary romances of the Canadian Royal Mounted Police will be the basis for the first June program. British Columbia will be the locale of this program, which was written by E. H. Bierstadt.


Fortunately, I do have a little more to work with next week, but that’s it for this time.

So until next week, keep those dials tuned to Empire Builders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use my email address to contact me directly. If you post a comment here, I would appreciate it if you let me know who you are. I cannot reply to anonymous comments - there is no way for me to get back to you.